Book Review: Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund

Academy 7Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Plot: Aerin Renning and Dane Madousin are accepted into the universe's most prestigious and competitive school, Academy 7, and soon become the top students. They are both hiding something, both running from demons that could destroy their futures at the Academy. They meet under unlikely circumstances and forge a deep bond of friendship that could turn into more if only they could share their secrets.


Characters: I fell in love with Aerin and Dane. They were a great couple and their romance developed realistically. I felt like their actions always stayed true to their personalities, their reactions were always believable. Aerin is strong and driven and goal oriented, boys are so far down her list of priorities that its laughable at times. Loved her so much!


Setting: It might by "sci-fi" but don't let that fool you, there isn't much flying through the universe. Though there is a couple space ships but its definitely not the focus. Academia, the planet that Academy 7 is on, is well thought out and beautiful. I would have liked to see more beyond the wall, but that's my only complaint.


My Opinion: It was great getting to read a book as fresh as Academy 7. YA hasn't gone too far in this direction and I'd love to see more. Everything about this book made it the opposite of the typical YA books I see out there: the way the romance develops, the Academy, the super strong heroine, the 3 alternating perspectives, the setting, the secrets. This book was fabulous!


View all my reviews

Next week I'll be reviewing Matched by Ally Condie!
 
.

Comments

  1. Thanks, I'm looking for more YA sci-fi (or soft sci-fi) to read. I'll definitely put this on my list.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back from my Hiatus with fabulous news!

5 Fav Friday: Things to get the creative juices flowing!

JOHN CARTER is awesome (+ABNA news!!)