Goals and Accountability

Having goals for my writing is essential for me if I want to get anything done.  It's too easy to get bombarded by life and put writing on the back burner.  I need to be held accountable for my writing and have something to strive for.

I read about the  A Round of Words in 80 days (ROW80) Challenge on L.A. Larson's blog this morning and decided that it was just the thing I needed since Screnzy didn't work out for me.  It's all about setting obtainable goals for your writing.  I'm joining late, but better late than never, right?  The group checks in twice a week for an update on their goals.  I like being accountable for what I write and I think this will be a big help.  80 days.  A nice round number that doesn't seem to overwhelming.

My Goals for the Next 80 days:

1) Finish past tense to present tense rewrite of Knight's Children and start on beta reader edits.  (I'm on chapter 20 of 28 right now, so that shouldn't be too hard.)

2) Write 50,000 words in The Curse of the Mallory Girls. (4,000 words into the first draft right now, I'm aiming at 70,000 words total.)

3) Outline and begin first draft of Christmas Story (still a very new idea for me but something that I'm excited about).

4) Keep up to speed on DIY MFA.

My plan: Tick off the 80 days on a calender, make sure I work on each of the goals a few times a week, and remember that I'm doing this because I love to write and want to make a career out of it.

Comments

  1. I'm doing ROW80 too! My goal is to finish the first draft of my WIP. Good luck with your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back from my Hiatus with fabulous news!

5 Fav Friday: Things to get the creative juices flowing!

JOHN CARTER is awesome (+ABNA news!!)