Introducing Miette *and* A Blog Award!

This weekend I got a fabulous new netbook, I'm so in love!  I named her Miette, because that's way I call my muse and since I got her solely for writing purposes I figured it was appropriate.  Miette means "sweet little thing" and you'd totally get it if you saw the size of my netbook--it's tiny and absolutely adorable!  I'm going to have to get a skin from Skin It because they only had black at the store.  Maybe something with a vintage/boho look like the tote I bought for it.  But even the black is shiny and pretty! 

I am so excited, I got my first ever blog award!  Kiernan over at Fire In Mine Ears nominated me for the versatile blogger award!


The award requires that I 1) Tell you 7 unknown things about myself and 2) nominate others to receive this award. 

#1) I have two amazing kids that inspire me every day.  My little girl is 3.5 years old, my little man is 10.5 months.  They grow so fast!

#2) I love to bake.  Love it.  Especially cookies.  But I don't like to eat baked goods.  My daughter and I bake cookies once a week but I hardly ever eat one!

#3) I'm a health nut.  I almost minored in nutrition but changed my minor to psychology because I thought it would be more useful for my writing.  I exercise religiously because its fun.  Kickboxing and dancing are my favorite cardio work outs but I love yoga and pilates also.

#4) I was super close to my great grandma and she was the one who first inspired me to write.  When I was a little girl she told me beautiful stories about when she was a little girl growing up in the early 1900s.  She taught me to think creatively and to appreciate the beauty of nature.

#5) I have a slight *ahem* major obsession with Joss Whedon movies and shows (especially Firefly).  I also love almost any old sci-fi movie no matter how poorly constructed.  I'm a geek don't tell anyone!

#6) I wish I was born in a different era.  A time when I could wear corsets and hoop skirts and be courted by dashing gentlemen.  Yes, I'm a bit of a Gone With the Wind nut :) 

#7)  I have a thing against odd numbers.  Seriously.  And seven is my least favorite number in the world.

So you get a bonus about me fact:  I was born with three ears.  Yes really.  No I'm not an alien.

Now I'll nominate some of my favorite blogs:
Ashley Nixon
The Word is My Oyster
All About Them Words
Iggi & Gabi
BookBlogStuff
Flights of Fantasy
Here be Magic
Rach Writes
Temperance Black
Writer's Ally

I'm sure I forgot some, but these blogs are great!


Comments

  1. Congrats on your new toy! I love that you named her. I'm a big fan of naming my electronics: my laptop's name is Rubber Ducky and my iPod is Pooky. :)

    Thank you for the blog award! You're so sweet to think of me. :) I'm so glad I found your blog and that you' participating in DIY MFA. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks K.V..! Congrats on your blog award and your new computer! That's awesome that it's so small. I love my Macbook Pro but it's kind of heavy when I tote it around.

    Loved reading your 7 random things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your award and thank you so much!
    That is so sweet of you to think of me.
    Your random 7 things are awesome.
    It would be fun to live in a corseted era--for a day. After that, my ribs would hurt too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey KV, that's such a cute name for your netbook! Firefly is awesome isn't it!!! Have you seen Serenity?

    Congratulations on your award, and thanks so much for passing it on to me :)

    Hugs,

    Rach

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back from my Hiatus with fabulous news!

5 Fav Friday: Things to get the creative juices flowing!

JOHN CARTER is awesome (+ABNA news!!)