Blog Award! And the importance of taking time off

The awesome Miss Ashley Nixon awarded me the Blog on Fire Award!


Thank you Ashley!! 

 I'd like to pass the award on to:

Time off isn't a luxury I often allow myself (I'm one of those people who always seem to be busy with something) this extended vacation forced me into it.  At first I resented it.  The internet connection was bad, I didn't like being away from my book, taking the kiddies out every single day was a ton of work--but it was fun.  A ton of fun.  It been quite sometime since I've allowed myself a true vacation and I think I needed it.

 I'm still trying to get back into the groove of things.  Tomorrow will be my first real day back at "work" (writing and teaching my chilli beans (aka Thing One and Thing Two) and household duties) so we'll see how it goes.  I'm hoping that these two weeks have given me some time and space away from my book and when I look at it again it will be with fresh and excited eyes. 

Taking time to gain perspective is important with any project.  Sometimes you can become too close to your work.  You see your writing through rose colored glasses, you don't see it clearly enough to find the weaknesses.  I could also feel myself getting burned out.  I want to work on something new, this draft after draft is killing me and my love of my manuscript.  I think and *hope* I'll be able to regain my initial excitement so I can finish up this draft and send it out to my beta readers over the summer. 

Comments

  1. Congratulations!!!! :)))
    well deserved, I say!

    I agree with you. I go really burned out on my third book because I knew it wasn't going the way I wanted, and I didn't want to walk away as a result. Since I began school, however, I have't looked at it. Last night I wrote two pages for a fun short story, and I know that I can go back to the book now.:) I miss it, actually. And all this work on my website and blog, and talking to other writers has me motivated!

    It's pretty nifty that you can keep track of your drafts! That'd be hard for me to do considering I wrote the first book of my Trilogy 6 years ago. :/ ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award and thanks for passing it on! :)

    I think it's smart to take some time away from your book. You'll be able to look at it with fresh eyes and renewed energy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back from my Hiatus with fabulous news!

5 Fav Friday: Things to get the creative juices flowing!

JOHN CARTER is awesome (+ABNA news!!)