Book Review: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

First and most importantly, Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mom's out there!  Being a mom is the hardest job I've ever had, and the most rewarding.  Cheers to you all!!

I usually only post reviews that I can give at least a 3 to, but I was just so disappointed in this one.  I resisted reading this book for a long time, but I saw it at the library before I left on a trip and figured why not?  I didn't want to read something I would be too engrossed in during my vacation.  In that respect this was the perfect book.

SUMMARY FROM GOODREADS:  Bree Tanner can barely remember life before she had uncannily powerful senses, superhuman reflexes and unstoppable physical strength. Life before she had a relentless thirst for blood... life before she became a vampire.

All Bree knows is that living with her fellow newborns has few certainties and even fewer rules: watch your back, don't draw attention to yourself and, above all, make it home by sunrise or die. What she doesn't know: her time as an immortal is quickly running out.

Then Bree finds an unexpected friend in Diego, a newborn just as curious as Bree about their mysterious creator, whom they know only as "her". As they come to realize that the newborns are pawns in a game larger than anything they could have imagined, Bree and Diego must choose sides and decide whom to trust. But when everything you know about vampires is based on a lie, how do you find the truth?


The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (Twilight, #3.5)The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer


My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Fans of the Twilight saga will likely be disappointed with The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. I know I was.


Plot: It read like a bad twilight fan fiction or like a writing exercise for Meyer's benefit that shouldn't have been published. The plot wasn't well thought out or engrossing. It really had no story arc. Thinking back on the book I think Meyer could have done so much more with it. Also she didn't see things through to the end. Loose ends is one of my biggest pet peeves.


Setting: The setting was okay, it suited the gloomy atmosphere for the story. Meyer did an okay job with description.


Characters: At times Bree was interesting, but I wanted so much more. She seemed kinda flat. Her emotions were often convoluted and sometimes I felt like she acted out of character. The relationship between Bree and Diego seemed unrealistic from a timeline perspective and I really couldn't feel an attraction at all. Honestly a minor character named Fred was by far the most interesting, I wouldn't mind reading his story.

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. Yeah...I read Twilight...and because of this review, I don't think I'll touch this book. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I also gave you another blog award! :) Go check it out! I think you'll have to scroll down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back from my Hiatus with fabulous news!

5 Fav Friday: Things to get the creative juices flowing!

JOHN CARTER is awesome (+ABNA news!!)