Sickly plus New Books and Zumba

I've been sick with some crazy strand of the flu.  Ugh.  My little ones got sick from a Mother's Day outing and infected me.  I thought I was going to resist but alas my immune system failed me. *insert overly dramatic sigh*

The only good thing that came out of yesterday was the mail.  I received my amazon order, yay! 

I got two new books on writing/editing.  The first one I'm going to read is Self-Editing for Fiction Writers: How to edit yourself into print.  So excited, it sounds like the perfect book to re-energize me about Smolder.  The second book is How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy by Orson Scott Card.  This book was recommended to me by a friend, I'm curious if it will live up to their praise.  I'm hoping it will help me with the dystopia book I'm planning.

I'll post any tips that I find interesting or helpful as I come across them. 

Some of you might know that I'm a workout/nutrition freak.  Which means I was literally jumping up and down when I saw the complete Zumba workout.  It came with like six workouts and these really neat toning bars.  I can't wait to try it out, but it wont be happening until I'm feeling a bit better.  If you don't know what Zumba is check it out here.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

Comments

  1. Zumba is really popular in college. I just joined the gym here in my town for the summer! I'm excited to continue my work outs. I think it's one of the best things writers can do for themselves since we sit and write a lot. I hope you get to feeling better and I'll be waiting to hear what you think of How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley! After a long weekend of R&R I'm feeling much better :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back from my Hiatus with fabulous news!

5 Fav Friday: Things to get the creative juices flowing!

JOHN CARTER is awesome (+ABNA news!!)