Writing is like...

The delightful Ashley Nixon has tagged me in a meme this week!  I'm to think of a metaphor for what writing is like :)  So without further ado...

Writing is like ...

... blowing off dandelion fluff. 

You close your eyes, make a wish, and send your thoughts out into the world.


Image Source

That how writing is for me.  I have hundreds--thousands--of little seeds of ideas.  They slowly start coming together, making a cohesive whole.  And then--when I'm ready--I send my thoughts out into the world, hoping that one day, maybe, the seeds will take root and inspire someone else.

My main goal of writing YA and MG is to inspire children/teens to pick up a book, to discover a world beyond video games, MTV, and the internet . . . and maybe to write themselves.  As a child books saved me, they provided an escape and inspired me to use my imagination.  I'd like to do that for someone else.

This was fun, thanks for tagging me Ashley!

Now its my turn to tag someone!

Ghenet
Juliana
Rachael
Adelle

Have fun ladies, can't wait to read what you write!

Comments

  1. Aww, I like this one! Thanks for the tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Juliana, hope you have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about your inspiration/motive for writing. When I wrote my book, Ravena & The Resurrected, I really felt a strong need to weave my own life experiences/education into the book (i.e., I was groomed to think everybody else's feelings were more important than mine and it took hard lessons in adulthood to finally shake me into the realization how that kind of thinking/training does not serve my own interests very well). It's great to write and hope your grief might spare someone else from a similar fate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your answer! I would love to do this. Thanks for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. Such a creative answer too! :)

    Also, I noticed that you're reading the Search by Nora Roberts. I loved that book! Are you going to do a review on it? I cant wait to see what you think of it. :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments everyone, you make my day!

    Amanda, I'm posting the review today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh!!! You did wonderful K.V.! I definitely loved this metaphor. :D And I love that you want to inspire others! That's my goal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm SO late, but thank you so much for tagging me! I've finally written something that I like :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back from my Hiatus with fabulous news!

5 Fav Friday: Things to get the creative juices flowing!

JOHN CARTER is awesome (+ABNA news!!)