Camp Nanowrimo (and ROW80 round 3)

Most of my fellow writers have probably heard of NaNoWriMo (national novel writing month) that goes on annually every November.  Well this year the folks over there have started a "camp" for novelists who don't think that once a year is enough.  This month is the beta testing month before camp is a go in August.  I signed up weeks ago.... and forgot about it what with all the birthday excitement and camping trip.  So I'm getting a late start.

I decided to take this time to write out my Christmas novella, Witchy Winter, that I've been planning and outlining for the last few months.  I'm planning on about 25,000 words this month which seems pretty obtainable since I do 50,000 every November.

Also July 4th kicked off ROW80 (Round of Words in 80 days) which will end Sept 22.  If you haven't signed up yet you might want to think about it, ROW80 is a great way to stay focused on a goal for a relatively short amount of time and the weekly check-ins keep you accountable for your writing.

My goals for this round:
1. Finish beta reader edits of Smolder & begin sending out query letters
2. Write Witchy Winter and begin edits.
3. Continue plotting out Curse of the Mallory Girls (which I plan to write in November)

How often do you set goals?  Are you good at sticking to a writing schedual?  What's your secret for making the time to write?  I really should be better at it.

Comments

  1. Good luck on your ROW80 goals! I did it last round and it was awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you are a machine! I used to write this way. I don't as much anymore, because there's so much on the other side of publishing. But when I need to work, I make sure I have the time to do it. If that means no sleep, that's what it means. And take-out. Definitely take-out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would do this...but I begin school in August and would not be able to keep up with it at all. I'm not good at keeping a schedule to write because of school. I have written down in my planner that I'd work on a chapter a day, but I haven't stuck to that either. Life is busy. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ghenet! I'm really looking forward to ROW80, I think it'll keep me motivated and on track!

    Elana, thanks for following :) Possession is at the top of my TBR list, I can't wait to dive into it! ... I'm not sure I'll be able to stick to the goals, but I'd like to get as much work done as I can before spring when I resume my college classes (I'm a senior, sooooo close!).

    Hey Ashley! I know what you mean about being busy, this summer has been crazy for me! But I'm going to try to make writing more of a priority ... we'll see how that goes ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back from my Hiatus with fabulous news!

5 Fav Friday: Things to get the creative juices flowing!

JOHN CARTER is awesome (+ABNA news!!)