5 Fave Friday: Things to do while Recovering from Surgery
Sorry I’ve been M.I.A. for a week, looks like I have a ton of catching up to do on reading all your wonderful blogs!
So far the recovery has gone well—a bit painful, but all good. It’s the first time in my life that I’ve had to have stitches and I have to say I’m not a fan. I have two layers, one below my skin, and they aren’t so fun. I get the surface layer removed next Thursday and I’m counting down the days.
Anyway, onto my five favorite things to do while I’ve been laid up. Note none of them involve writing, lol. I gave myself permission to take a complete break from everything.
1. Watch old sci-fi movies. I’ve introduced my little girl to the old Star Wars movies and she loves them! She’s been saying she wants to be an astronaut for a couple months now so I’ve been watching a bunch of space movies. We’ve also watched the Farscape series and Firefly (my absolute fave of all time.) I’m such a sci-fi geek!
2. Read the Harry Potter books aloud to my kidlets. My little girl loves them, especially Dobby the house elf.
3. Sudoku Addicting, seriously addicting.
4. Coloring and painting and scrapbooking. Anything creative and artistic that isn’t writing related.
5. Eating copious amounts of chocolate. Especially dark Godiva. Yum!
Hope everyone’s had a great week, I’ll return to writing and regularly posting on Monday!