Liebster Blog Award! (and a quick ROW80 check-in)

The super cute, always sweet, Angie has given me a blog award!  Thank you so much Angie :)  I met Angie at the awesome Deana Barnhart's  get an agent blog-o-rama, she has a killer first 200 words!  Please go check out her blog and leave her some love, you won't be sorry!


The Liebster (meaning friend in German) Award is meant to connect us bloggers, specifically new bloggers with less than 200 followers (but I'm sure won't for long!). 

The rules are:

  1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
  3. Post the award on your blog.
  4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the internet—other writers.
  5. And best of all – have fun and spread the karma.
My awesome new blogger friends that I'd like to nominate:

1. Caitlin Vincent
2. Jenna Blake Morris
3. Amy Kennedy
4. Michelle Fayard
5. Robin Weeks

These ladies are awesome, seriously.  If you aren't following them, you should be! 


Okay now time for this week's ROW80 check in.  Eep, I didn't do so well.  And next week will be hard because I have surgery tomorrow, I doubt I'll feel well enough to write . . .  I better make today count!! 

1. Finish beta reader edits of Smolder and begin sending out query letters. 
I have started reworking my first chapter and I'm feeling pretty confident about it now.   I have a giant pile of beta reader edits to work my way though, and honestly I haven't even touched them. 

2. Write Witchy Winter and begin edits.
W.W. isn't going as well as I'd like, the main character isn't really talking to me.  I'm currently working my way through a detailed character sketch to try and connect with her.  If I still cant I'll scrap this project and begin Winter Swan, my second plot for this year's holiday novella.

3. Continue plotting out Curse of the Mallory Girls (which I plan to write in November). 
Still haven't picked up Mallory Girls and I'm seriously considering switching to my dystopia for NaNoWriMo but we'll see.

4. Rewrite Romance Novellea.
Not one of my original goals, but I've been working my way through rewriting a romance novella (currently titled Darkling).  I'm LOVING it right now so that's where my focus has been.

Comments

  1. That's the way it goes, ya know? Sometimes WIPs call to you other times, you have to wrestle those suckers down.

    Happy editing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, K.V., not only for making my day by receiving this award but for introducing me to some great new blogs. I hope both your surgery and your rewrites go well. I'll be sending you many good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I'm off to go check out the other blogs now. (: Good luck with your writing and surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like the award :) Good luck with your surgery. Maybe you will get some grand book ideas while you are under anesthesia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a dear :) Thank you for the award. You made my day with it, and I love that it's the German word for "friend." Discovering new blogger friends is always such a treat. I'll be posting my award on Friday, so look for my shout-out to you!

    Good luck with your surgery. Many wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like you have your hands full! But I'm sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. K.V. Hope your surgery went well. Don't try to do too much next week -- give yourself a "bye week" and just be good to yourself.

    Thanks for the shout! I'll be doing mine tomorrow -- just like Caitlin.

    P.S. I didn't even do a ROW80 check-in yet...still in check-out mode with the staycation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey K.V., I've tagged you in a meme. I picked some of the bloggers I've recently started following and would like to know more about, so I hope you'll participate :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back from my Hiatus with fabulous news!

5 Fav Friday: Things to get the creative juices flowing!

JOHN CARTER is awesome (+ABNA news!!)