Trying to get my Groove Back

After my week long hiatus I find myself digging my heels in.  I'm still tired and achy and so not feeling the creative juices.  I think my muse is still on vacation.

The kidlets have grown used to me laying with them and watching movies, they're less than thrilled that Mama is back in her "bat cave" (when my daughter calls my writing nook).  I have them temporarily destracted with Despicable Me (super cute show by the way) but that won't last long.

I'm been browsing Deviant Art to try and find inspiration.  I'm considering a walk, but don't know that I'm up for that yet.  Ugh.  Being a couch potato is so not my nature.  I'm normally a big outdoorsy type and very into exercise, this laziness is driving me crazy!

I have so much to get done and so little motivation.

So my question for you is: How do you get back into the writing groove when you feel uninspired and muse-less?

Comments

  1. Reading helps me get inspired again, especially when I read books in the genre I'm writing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that reading helps me get back into the groove and sometimes I just have to wait until I'm ready to write again. A break can be nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto reading. But I often find that when I'm stuck, a good bibliography will get me though. Life is almost always stranger than fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading, drawing, painting, brainstorming- these are all things that can help me find inspiration. Sometimes I write even though I don't feel inspired, and find that I GET inspired after forcing myself to try and create.

    Also, I’m a new follower— wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daydreaming! Put aside the pen and paper and do something completely different than writing. It's important we get ourselves out of writing sometimes and don't get exhausted. Inspiration will strike when you least expect it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get in my car and drive :) Or I go to the park. The secret to these activities is--I do them alone. Silence inspires me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back from my Hiatus with fabulous news!

5 Fav Friday: Things to get the creative juices flowing!

JOHN CARTER is awesome (+ABNA news!!)