Launching a New Plan of Attack!

I've been sporadic with posts (and writing) lately . . . I feel like I've become a Mommy Machine where all I do is answer to the whims of the kidlets. 

This fall my oldest turned 4 and it seems about four times worse than the terrible two's (which my younger kidlet is fast-approaching).  Its a fun time, she's learning at a break-neck speed, she has friends who are over all the time, and gymnastics and dance classes--but it seems like all I do is go from play date to play date and class to class while trying to keep up with my little man too.  Its gotten to the point where showers feel like a luxury, exercise is squeezed into five minutes here ten minutes there, and writing is a fleeting thought.  And it makes me cranky. 

So I've come up with a Battle Plan so that I can maintain my sanity and still be a great mom.  These are my new daily/weekly goals:

1. Wake up at 5am to exercise with my Mama (she's been on a fitness kick lately).  We're alternating days between Zumba, Turbo Jam, yoga, and pilates.  I am kind of a health nut and going so long without real exercise has been making me want to pull out my hair!  I'm really excited to have a time designated for it :) 

2. Be showered and ready to start writing no later than 6:15.  Which in theory will give me about 1.5-2 hours of uninterrupted writing time before the kids wake up and I'll turn back into the Mommy Machine.  I'm a morning person so I definitely get my best writing done in the am. 

3. I will maintain a blog schedule of Monday, Wednesday, Fridays with occasional book reviews on Sundays.  I love blogging--the friends I meet, the interesting things I read, and the incredible insights I gain from my blogging buddies.  Its time to make it one of my priorities!

4.  Read at least one chapter a day.  I'm miserable on days when I don't get a chance to pick up a book. 

Today is day one of the implementation and so far so good.   I woke up on time, we exercised (which took a little longer than I planned) and I got about an hour of editing done.  I feel energized and happy and I'm able to be more involved with the kidlets because I'm not so distracted. 

Now I'm off to gymnastics class where if I'm lucky I'll be able to squeeze in a little more writing! 

Comments

  1. I wish I could stick to a schedule. My schedule is...No schedule :) I'm also jealous of your ability to get up and exercise at 5:00 am. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been getting up at 5 a.m. for a while now(well, alarm is set for 4:45 so I can be writing by 5 or a little after). It's the only way I can get any writing done in the morning since my 4 & 1 year olds are usually up shortly after 6. I've found that the writing comes a lot smoother for me in the morning as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha Thanks Angie!

    Fallon, it sounds like we're in the same boat. I have a 4 and 1 year old as well! Fun but tough ages :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back from my Hiatus with fabulous news!

5 Fav Friday: Things to get the creative juices flowing!

JOHN CARTER is awesome (+ABNA news!!)