ROW80 Round 4 & NaNoWriMo 2011

My last ROW80 attempt didn't go as well as I'd hoped.  I blame my lack of weekly check-ins and a whole mess of things that came up over the last few months.  But its that time again.  Round 4 is starting and I'm psyched about recommitting myself to my goals.

This time ROW 80 runs October 3rd to December 22.  I posted my overall goals in Monday's Plan of Attack post.  My writing goals specifically are:

1. Finish present tense conversion in Smolder (I'm almost done) and beta reader edits. 

2. Finish planning/and write my NaNoWriMo novel.

I'm just sticking to the 2 goals for this Round because it's getting into the holiday season and I know that I won't have as much time for writing as I'd like. 

Progress:

It's Day 3 of my early morning workouts/writing time.  So far so good.  I'm still a bit tired when I first wake up but after the workout I'm much more energized and my mind is clearer--I can focus on my Smolder edits and be more efficient with my time.  I haven't really gotten into my NaNo planning yet, I just have a vague idea of this year's plot, but I'm hoping to later today.
 


Completely off topic, but have any of you been to Park City, Utah?  We try to go every year.  I went with my Mom and the kids last weekend and we had such a good time.  I love the fresh mountain air!  The leaves were turning and the weather was perfect for hiking and being outside.  I wish I had some good pictures to share, but I kept forgetting my camera. 

I think the little vacation is what gave me the motivation to recommit myself to my goals :)



Question of the Day:  Anyone else doing ROW80/ NaNo?  How far have you gotten in your planning?

Comments

  1. Good luck with this round of ROW80 and NaNoWriMo! I'll be rooting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your goals so far. I've done good with mine so far as well. I've just started planning my NaNo novel. Got a couple characters outlined & hoping to start fleshing out the plot by this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nano can be so motivating -- you've got great goals (but I see little whittling of goals). I love the title of your YA, and I think making it present tense is cutting edge.

    I totally forgot to start my goals! I was thinking today was the first day. I'm behind already?

    I did spend the last few days writing a resume...hmmm, maybe I can use that for my 100 words a day goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww goals :) What a good idea. I think I'll start tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back from my Hiatus with fabulous news!

5 Fav Friday: Things to get the creative juices flowing!

JOHN CARTER is awesome (+ABNA news!!)