Relaunching To Think in Ink!

Hello strangers, its been a while... okay, a  loooong while. My blogging has been sporadic at best and its been months since I've posted anything. Crazy! Where does time go? I swear there is a leak in the great cosmic hour glass and days keep getting shorter and shorter as sand seeps through the tiny crack.

I've still been writing (perhaps not as much as I should) and editing (man am I sick of that part!) but keeping up with everything else has kept me away from blogging and I miss it, and all of my awesome blogger friends, like crazy... And thus, my grand relaunch of To Think in Ink!

*manic confetti throwing*

I've had blogging on my To-Do list since January 1st but somehow the month disappeared. The first week of February is almost as good, right? Smile and nod--"Sure, Ms. Briar, lets pretend the New Year starts in February and that's when we make resolutions. Your lack of date keeping is completely normal." Okay, maybe not normal, but there has to be other procrastinators out there, right? Right. Thanks for humoring me.

Keeping in the spirit of new beginnings, here are my goals for this year:

1: Finally put Smolder to rest. I'm on draft who-knows-what and I'm in serious need of an intervention. "K.V. put the red pen down and back away slowly with your hands in the air!!" I am such a perfectionist, I keep tweaking and deleting, editing and adding... The problem is, it gets better every time. Much better. So I keep justifying the obsession when really I need to move on and send Smolder out into the world.

2: Write the first draft of another novel. Problem is I have way too many ideas. I need to really do some soul searching and figure out what plot bunny I want to devote several hundreds of hours to. Eep! When I put it like that it seems like a giant commitment. Not that I have commitment issues or anything... okay, maybe a little.

3: Learn to use twitter and facebook for social networking. Okay don't laugh, I'm really not a senior citizen--although I occasionally feel like one especially when it comes to new gizmos--I just haven't gotten into the whole thing. It feels like it could be a giant time-suck and I worry that it could take away from write-time. Still, I think its useful and probably tons of fun.

3.5 To go along with number 3 I also want to blog regularly and be active on all my writing boards. I've always found writing boards to be motivational and help nudge me forward even when I firmly dig in the heels of my super cute stiletto boots.

4. Read and analyze a book a week. I used to be the 2-3 novels a week kind of girl... and then I became a mama. Novels became children's picture books and "free time" is a mythical idea that I desperately covet... Sort of like Harry Potter's Invisibility Cloak.

Comments

  1. Good luck with your goals, KV! It's difficult to focus on using Twitter and Facebook, I find, and I also have found it harder to keep up with my blog, too. But it can be done! lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back from my Hiatus with fabulous news!

5 Fav Friday: Things to get the creative juices flowing!

JOHN CARTER is awesome (+ABNA news!!)